Sunday, July 10, 2011

Making a clock/goodbye dead zone

For a while now I have been looking at the corner wall in my living room and thinking, "I really wish there was something there to fill that space."
First I put in 3 vases full of billy blossoms, that helped a little, you can see them there by the couch. But today I decided to do something more!


My art supply store is having a sale on their canvas and paint supplies so I picked up a 10x20 canvas, I've had some clockworks hanging around my apartment waiting for inspiration to strike me and today it did. 


Here is what you need for this project:
1 canvas (whatever size suits your needs. I choose 10x20)
Masking tape
Acrylic paints in the colors you like (or the colors you need to mix the colors you like I picked yellow, orange and turquoise)
Ruler
Clockworks
Paintbrush 
Pencil
To begin I drew out the lines for my stripes (I drew them so light that the photos showed up as white so no photo for this step)


Then mask off for your first color, to prevent bleed through I primed along the masking tape with white paint.
Continue painting and masking until all your lines are painted. To speed things up you may want to use a cool hairdryer. 
Poke a hole through the canvas (I used a sharp pencil) and insert the clock works. At first I attached it with the canvas support but it didn't seem secure so I used double sided foam tape to stick it on to the canvas.


Attach the clock hands to the front (make sure they are in the right order, I had mine up for about 20 minuted before I realized the hour hand was moving faster then the minute hand hahaha)
Then just hang it up and enjoy what a bright fun pop of color it brings to your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment