Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday clean-up

Today was a clean up day. Deep cleaned the kitchen (even the refrigerator (!) ) and cleaned up my sewing room. While I was cleaning the sewing room I found this amazing fabric that I've had for years but have never found the right project for it. Nothing quite suits the print of the fabric, any suggestions? I have YARDS of it!

Today I would also like to share another upcycling project with you. I have had this dress for about 6 years, I have grown tired of it in it's original form.

 The original dress (Sorry not the greatest picture)

I removed the red tie, red trim along the neck line and red tulle at the bottom. Replaced the red trim with yellow, removed the red tulle and embroidered yellow, pale yellow and white circles on the skirt. I bought a cute yellow skinny belt to finish the whole look off. 

I can't wait to have the opportunity to wear my "new" dress

No comments:

Post a Comment