Monday, May 2, 2011

Upcycling and animals!

This weekend I decided it was about time that I did something with a canvas bag that has been sitting around my apartment for way to long over a year. Every time that I see it I think, "what a great bag, I should really do something to make it cute." But I always have a more pressing sewing projects to keep me occupied and I put it on the back burner
Great bones, great size but so "blah"


Enter a baby shower invitation, an owl themed nursery, and a seed of inspiration!




I looked up owl illustrations on line to get a feel for the basic bones of an owl for my owl pattern. Then sketched it out on an 8.5"x11" ruled paper (because it was available), cut apart all the pieces and I was ready to begin!
Owl pattern, drawn and cut apart



I had the perfect fabric scraps (available to me since I never throw anything away hahaha!)

Using my fabric scraps I pieced together a darling owl to make this bland tote bag something fun and adorable to give my friend her shower gifts in!
Hooty hoot!

1 comment: