Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hoot hoot hoot!

Did you know that a group of owls is called a parliament of owls? It's true! Isn't that just the perfect name for such a wise and dignified bird? I'll tell you all one thing for sure, I have made at least a half parliament of owls this week!


I am lucky to have the space to store my leftover fabric bits which means that I can make many other littler projects out of them and I have loads of projects going for these scraps!
Fabric galore!

Since I've got owls on the brain I thought I would make some little owls to be a part of a bigger project (that I will share photo's with you of next week). So, for the start of the project, I made some tiny little owl body patterns for the little tiny owls.
4 inch owl pattern

I cut all the different portions from my multitude of fabric scraps to make 5 owlet fronts. 
I decided that their backs should be made from the same fabric as the main body on the front so I cut out solid owl shapes for the backs of all these little owls 
Owlet fronts and backs
Then I sewed the fronts and the backs of the owls together, turned them out and pressed them.
Owlets all turned out and pressed

The final project still has some finishing touches to be done and I will post the photos of the completed project next week, but I'm tickled by how cute these little guys are turning out to be!


Just for fun I put all the owlets with the mama owl. It makes me smile



No comments:

Post a Comment