Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Party pennants and a fine fox

All my friends and relatives are having babies! Yesterday I posted about a bag I made for a friend's baby shower. Today I worked on decorations for my cousin's baby shower which my sister and I are planning. (By the way, we might have missed our calling, my sister and I might be great party planners). The theme of the baby shower is "County Fair" with a lemon, lime and orange color palette. We are holding it in a family friend's beautiful backyard, I truly cannot wait to see it all come together. 


Today I made about 50 feet of lively citrus colored pennants. I cut the individual pennants using mainly fat quarters which were on sale at our Joann fabric store when we went shopping for supplies. I got about 6-7 pennants per fat quarter, depending on the "squareness" of each cut of fabric (some were cut a bit too crooked to fit 7). The choice to use pinking sheers was both decorative as well as preventative since they will help prevent the fabric from unraveling during the party. Stitched them on to grosgrain ribbon and voila!  Pennants for days!




I hung them in my living room for the effect. (I now need to have a party here!)


My second project of the day was another animal project. Specifically, my favorite animal a FOX!

For proof of the fox's "favorite status", the much prized "Secret fox" in my alcove. 


I decided to make a pillow with a fox on it for our bed. Started out exactly like the owl did in my prior blog. First I sketched out the pattern.


The orange portions of the fox pattern

Then I cut it out of the orange fabric and stitched it onto a sturdy white fabric, attached that to my pillow and there you have it, a clever little fox for my bedroom. I love him!




No comments:

Post a Comment