Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jewelry organizer

This weekend I painted a plain piece of pegboard to use it as a decorative place to hang my necklaces which have been tangled in a cigar box for far too long. First I painted it with several coats of white then created a hexagonal pattern with my cardboard template (which I made for the lampshade project, last week) and a sharpie marker. Then I mixed several different colors and painted in the hexagons. I didn't have any pegboard specific hooks around but I did have cord clips leftover from a training an extension cord in my last apartment which worked perfectly!


 Drying. Painted pegboard

All my necklaces neatly hung up!
I mounted the board with drywall screws screwed through cut pieces of cork behind the board to mount it slightly off the wall so that the hooks wouldn't damage the wall. 

I'm so pleased to have finally completed this project, it has been a long time coming. 

2 comments: