Monday, May 9, 2011

Light it up!

When we moved to San Francisco last year one of our lamps got it's shade crushed in the process. In the year since I have looked for a replacement shade online and around town, they are either too blandly boringly white or WAY to expensive for my shoestring budget. So as you might have guessed it has gone shadeless and sat in our closet for the past year. Well, inspired by a post on Apartment Therapy I have gotten up the gumption to make my own lampshade. I bought the washer top and the bottom ring online for less then $8 including shipping. 
The washer top ring for my lampshade

I had some neutral colored fabric in my closet and made a template for a hexagon to create a great pattern on my fabric!
Hexagon template
Pattern in process

I hot glued the finished fabric to the lamp rings and there you go....LAMPSHADE!

My trickiest project ever, accomplished for under $8.  I think that it turned out very well!

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! Can't wait to have you help me decorate our house!

    ReplyDelete